The Board appoints an Executive Committee.
According to the statute of the Law and Economics Foundation, the Executive Committee is responsible for all matters that are not expressly reserved to the Board. In particular, the Executive Committee is responsible for the following:
- the representation of the Foundation in relation to third parties;
- the management of the day-to-day activities;
- the management of foundation assets;
- the collaboration with the University of St. Gallen; the collaboration with the director of the study programs of Bachelor and of Master of Arts in Law & Economics;
- the preparation of the budget and the maintenance of accounts in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- the preparation of Board meetings;
- the implementation of the decisions of the Board and general decision-making in extraordinary situations.
The constituent assembly of the Executive Committee took place in St. Gallen on 14 February 2005. The Permanent Chairman of the Executive Committee is Prof. Dr. Robert Waldburger.